More and more individuals each year are choosing to stay in their own homes and receive care visits, rather than move to a care home.
Here are some reasons why you may choose in-home care rather than assisted living in a residential care home.
- Moving home and transferring to a residential care facility is a big lifestyle change that can be traumatic and stressful for your loved one.
- Home care allows your loved one to remain in their own home, where they are most confident, happy and comfortable.
- With home care families can still visit and check up on their loved one in a familiar setting, whenever they need to.
- Home care allows one on one care, without any other patient distractions. Instead of adjusting to a care home schedule we adjust our schedules to suit you. Home care’s flexible approach to care ensures that your loved one always receives the best and most appropriate amount of care
- We ensure that your loved one maintains their sense of independence in their own home. Home care allows them to socialise and meet friends, all with the help of a dedicated carer. With home care your loved one is able to keep control of their daily life, living by their own schedules and continuing to do the activities they love most.
We try our best to ensure that your loved one always sees a familiar face. This is why we match you with a small team of carers and ensure you are comfortable with these carers. This means that even when your carer is on annual leave or ill, you will still know and be comfortable with the person caring for you.
We are happy to talk you through your individual options. Just arrange a home visit from our senior carers
All our carers undergo mandatory training before they care for any individuals. We also provide ongoing courses and training whilst they are working to ensure they are fully up to date with procedures and specialist care. The following are just some of the courses that our carers complete, based on the needs of the individual they are caring for;
- Manual handling
- Fire Safety action
- Infection control
- First aid
- Health & Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Data protection
- Dementia awareness
- Equality and diversity
- Nutrition awareness
- End of life care
At Personal Touch we pride ourselves at being available to care for you 24 hours a day.
We have a range of care workers that work in shift patterns to ensure there is always someone available.
If you require overnight care, therefore, this is something we can accommodate.
When you enquire about care we will conduct an initial visit. During this, a carer will visit you where you feel comfortable, either at your own home or hospital bedside. We will then determine a personalised care package that suits you and your individual needs.
To arrange an initial visit please call us on 725356 or click here
We train all our carers to the highest standard, so are certain they will provide the best care for you. If for any reason, however, you have questions about your carer or feel you’d be better suited to someone else then that’s fine. Just get in contact with our senior team. If the problem can’t be easily fixed we can look at rearranging care to suit you and your loved one’s needs.